Shaped refractories are materials used in the construction and lining of industrial vessels that operate at very high temperatures ( >1000 °C). They are pieces with a standardized form: bricks, wedges, or special pieces. mouldable, etc. ).
ITMA works with companies of the sector refractory specifically in the following aspects:
- Comprehensive Thermomechanical characterization of conforming units.
- Comprehensive chemical-physical characterization of conforming refractories.
- Post-mortem studies.
- Formulation Design.
- Conditioning and processing of raw materials: aggregates and powders.
- "Semidry" and "wet" non conforming through: uniaxial press and isostatic pressing, extrusion and injection.
- Design and evaluation of heat treatments: drying, tempering and sintering.
- Machining of moulded parts.
- Design and modelling of parts and refractory lining.
- Development of R + D + i projects.