The Welding Unit develops its activity in collaboration with companies for providing solutions related to quality improvement and saving costs & time in issues in relation with such joining critical process.
Activities developed by this research group include the following:
- Development of R&D Projects for manufacturing optimization.
- Design of automated solutions, including simulation and robot cell CAD CAM offline programming for accessibility studies, trajectory calculation & optimization for different welded union options.
- Weldability studies
- Design and manufacturing of welding auxiliary systems
- Arc-based additive welding.
- Studies for welding sequence strategies and setting of parameters. Welding and Manufacturing Plan.
- Sequence Analysis through FEA (in collaboration with Engineering Area)
- Welded distortion analysis in large welded structures through FEM and associated experimental programme (welding coupons and macros). You can check more detailed information here.
- Failure Analysis in Welded Unions.
- Unconventional metallurgical analysis: Welded unions HAZ analysis and studies. Execution of mechanical test following European or American certification criteria, or under client´s definition, for its whole evaluation. Metallographic characterization.
- In-Service Hydrogen embrittlement Analysis.
- Design of heat or specific treatments.
- Execution of welding procedures and welder homologation
- Mock-up manufacturing.
- Manufacturing of NDT reference blocks with induced defects.More information is available here.