What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that the websites send to the browser and that remain stored in the user’s device, which can be a personal computer, a mobile phone, a tablet or other. Thanks to these files the website is able to record information on your visit, such us your language and your preferred choices, which may make your next visit easier and provide you with a more useful site because its content will have been customised.
Cookies play a major role in improving the web user’s experience.
When browsing this web portal the user is accepting that cookies may be installed in its device and that such cookies may let us obtain the following information:
- Statistical information on the use of the web.
- The user’s login in order to keep the session active on the web.
- The preferred web format when accessing from mobile devices.
- The latest searches performed on web services and personalization data of these services.
- Data from the connection to social networks for users who access through their Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Types of cookies used
This website uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies only retain the data for as long as the user is accessing the site. Permanent cookies store the data in the device so this can be accessed and used in more than one session.
Depending on the purpose for the processing of the data obtained through the cookies, the site shall use the following:
Technical cookies allow the user to navigate the website or application and use its various options or services. For example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted online areas, remember the details of an order, submit a request for registration or participation in an event, use the security features during browsing and store content for the broadcast of video or audio.
Custom cookies allow the user to access the service with some general features predefined in the browser or defined by the user. For example, language, type of browser through which you access the service, design of selected content, geolocation of the terminal and regional settings for where the service is accessed.
'Cookies' of statistical analysis
Statistical analysis cookies allow the monitoring and analysis of user behaviour on websites. The information gathered through this type of cookies is used to measure activity of the websites, application or platform and to profile user navigation of these sites, in order to make improvements to the service based on usage data.
Third-party cookies may be installed on some web pages to manage and improve the services offered. For example, statistical services of Google Analytics, and Comscore.
NAME OF THE
|.itma.es||_gat||id interno sin fines comerciales||interna||Tue Oct 31 2017 16:42:22 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance)|
|.itma.es||_gid||id interno sin fines comerciales||interna||Wed Nov 01 2017 16:41:22 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance)|
|.itma.es||_ga||id interno sin fines comerciales||interna||Thu Oct 31 2019 16:41:22 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance)|
|www.itma.es||5aa964601753434af1f901f74a389c62||idioma||interna||Wed Oct 31 2018 16:41:20 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance)|
How to manage cookies in the browser?
The user has the option to allow, block or remove cookies installed on the computer by configuring the browser options on the terminal:
To set cookie permissions in the browser Google Chrome:
- Click on the toolbar menu.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced options.
- In the Privacy section click on Content settings.
- Configure options in the Cookies section.
To set cookie permissions in the browser Mozilla Firefox:
- Click the Tools menu at the top of the Firefox window.
- Select Options.
- Select the panel Privacy.
- In the Firefox option select Use custom settings for history to configure the options.
To set cookie permissions in the browser Internet Explorer:
- Click the Tools menu at the top of the Internet Explorer window.
- Select the Security tab and use the option Delete search history to remove cookies. Activate the box Cookies and then click on Delete.
- Select the Security tab and access Settings. Move the slider to the top to block all cookies or down to allow all cookies. Then click on Accept.
If you block cookies on your browser, you may not be able to use all the services or features on the website.
In some browsers you can configure specific rules to manage cookies for each website, which provides more precise control over privacy. This means you can disable cookies for all sites except trusted ones.