We are the Asturian materials technology centre and we implement our R&D&I activities in this field.
ITMA aims to promote all the activities in terms of technological development and scientific research required by our customers.
We have two head offices in Asturias, one at the Technology Park of Asturias in Llanera and the other one at the Principality of Asturias Business Park (Parque Empresarial Principado de Asturias (PEPA)).
Since our first steps in 1991, we have contributed to the drive and development of the business fabric through technology applied to materials, as a strategic tool to improve competitiveness, implementing the following activities:
- Research and development projects related to materials, products and processes.
- New technology-based products and processes, contributing to the establishment of new economic and business activity areas.
- Laboratory and compliance assessment technology services, focusing on the quality and independence of the service, its economic feasibility and ensuring access to them by companies in the best conditions.
These activities are implemented through four specialisation areas:
- Steels and Metallic Alloys
- Ceramics, refractory goods and raw materials
- Plastics & Composites
- Active Materials
And three cross-cutting areas:
- Technological Services
We provide our national and international expertise in each one of these sectors, turning us into a strategic partner for businesses