The activity of the department of structural integrity is designed to meet the service demands of the national and international metal-mechanic, naval, nuclear, automotive, aeronautics, military or equipment goods industry.
The structural integrity department provides firms its extensive knowledge in:
- Mechanical characterization of metallic components and their welded joints.
- Microstructural characterisation of metal components and their welded joints.
- Approval of welding procedures and welders: definition of manufacturing plans and personnel qualification. Realisation of approval assays.Realization of WPS, PQR, WPQ.
- Special assays on welded joints: Disbonding, weight loss for nuclear sector.
- Weldability studies in complex materials.
- Running SAW welding coupons 1 wire, 2 wires, Tandem Twin, SMAW, MIG-MAG conventional and pulsed GTAW, ESW and ERW.
- Assessment of hydrogen diffusible metallic materials and their welded joints.
- Mechanization of assay devices.
This department, like the rest of the units of the area of Technological Services, collaborates through the execution of assays and mechanisations with the rest of the ITMA market areas executing of R&D reports, both technical assistance, as well as projects.